Terms of Service
'Confit Publication'(hereinafter referred to as 'this service') is a service provided by Atlas co. ltd (hereinafter referred to as 'Atlas’') which support management of academic congresses or conferences as well as exhibitions or various events. To use this service, all the users of this service are required to consent to this Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as 'TOS'). By using or accessing this service, you agree to this TOS.
NOTE: This agreement was written in apanese. To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the Japanese version, the Japanese version controls.
1: User and Registration
- The term 'user(s)' of this service is the general term for registered users and guest users.
- Registered users are individuals who entered and sent information required for user registration and then approved by Atlas, or exhibitors who are approved by the society or the exhibition organizer . Users are able to use this service within the range of each license set by Atlas or the organizer.
- Guest users are individuals who utilize this service without registration.
- Users who wish to use this service can ask Atlas for registration by approving TOS and by providing certain information Atlas requires for registration in a way we provide.
- Registered users are responsible and liable for the personal information they provided.
- Registered users can change their personal information anytime.
2: Precautions for Use
- Registered users should keep and manage their email addresses and passwords on their own responsibility. We, Atlas, assume no responsibility for the loss or damage caused by the lost, theft or misuse of the email addresses or/and passwords by third parties.
- When the organizer of the congress or exhibition adopts a policy in which users are required to share their information such as schedules, bookmarks by “Like”, and comments to presentations, that information of registered users will be shared among other users. Meanwhile, the data Atlas acquires from users through this service shall be handled appropriately in compliance with the “Data Use Policy” , stipulated separately.
- Users who access the service via smartphone app (iOS, Android) may encounter errors or problems while using the service since some of the functions of the service are dependent on the function of smartphones. Users must approve before start using this service that we, Atlas, assume no responsibility for the loss or damage caused by the case stated above.
- In a case of using the Services’ on-demand videos or electronic posters (including electronic presentation slides), depending on the settings of the terminal or network used, there may be cases in which something does not operate normally or cases in which a problem arises. The user is to use the Services after consenting to the fact that Atlas will not bear guarantees or liability for any damage that arises as a result of such a case.
- Users may be charged communication fees by communication service providers when using this service via PCs or mobile phones and users should bear those charges by themselves.
If a user wish to withdraw from this service, he/she can do it by cancelling his account in Account Settings for registered users. After a user withdraw from this service, all the data, such as submission data and account information are cleared out and never be restored, and he/she loses all the rights and capability in this service. However, his/her schedules, bookmarks with “Like”, and comments to presentations are remain is the system since they are necessary for this service, although other users cannot see his/her information via them.
4: Personal Information
- Atlas does not disclose personal information of users to third parties besides cooperative enterprises
with which Atlas signed a non-disclosure agreement, except for the cases stated below:
- Cases in which Atlas reasonably judges that it is necessary to disclose personal information in accordance with laws and ordinances.
- Cases in which the disclosure of personal information is urgently required for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which we judge it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which we judge it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
- Cases in which the service provider changes as a result of merger or otherwise, and we judge it is necessary to transfer personal information in order to continue this service.
5: Copyrights and other intellectual property rights
- The intellectual property rights for programs or pictures in this service belong to the organizers, organizing suppliers, or the session planners of events, while copyrights for layouts and design of the sites belong to Atlas. Only private use of the information is permitted for users.
- The user hereby represents and warrants to Atlas that it has lawful rights to submit or otherwise transmit the submitted data, and that the submitted data does not infringe any third party's rights.
- The user hereby agrees not to exercise moral rights against Atlas or any other person who succeeded to the same from Atlas or a licensee thereof.
Upon the use of this service, Atlas prohibit the acts of users which do or may fall under the prohibitions stated below.
- Acts against the TOS or laws and ordinances
- Acts against public order and morals
- Acts results in or recommend/encourage criminal acts
- Acts of slander against other users or third parties or ones can cause disadvantage to others
- Acts of infringement of copyrights or intellectual property rights of Atlas or others
- Acts of infringement of property or privacy of Atlas or others
- Acts which can give disadvantage to Atlas or others
- Acts of slander against Atlas or others
- False registration of information upon the use of our service includes user registration
- Misuse of email addresses or passwords
- Acts of letting IDs/passwords of oneself or other registered users use by others by loan, transfer, name change as well as buying and selling them.
- Acts of spoofing
- Acts of attacking this service, or deliberately place a load on the system of this service
- Wrongful acts which deliberately affect the operation of this service
- Acts which can produce financial interests
- Solicitation activities for organizations, services, activities which have nothing to do with this service
- Acts of advertisement, publicity, or solicitation toward third parties without Atlas's permission
- Other inappropriate acts under socially accepted conventions
- Other acts that Atlas deems to be inappropriate
7: Suspension/Stoppage of Service
- Atlas may stop or suspend providing all or part of this service without advance notice to registered users in the cases below:
- In case Atlas is required to do periodic or emergent inspection or maintenance of computer system related to this service
- In case computer or communication line is stopped because of an accident
- In case Atlas is unable to continue operating this service due to an act of God beyond our control such as fire, power failure or other natural disasters
- In case linked services outside of this service suffer a trouble, stoppage or suspension of service, or a lost linkage to this service or a change in specification
- In other cases in which Atlas judged that the stoppage or suspension of this service is needed
- Atlas may stop providing this service in its own decision. In this case, Atlas shall announce it to registered users in advance.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for damages caused by actions it takes in accordance with this article.
- Atlas, whatever the reason may be, assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer as a result of delay or suspension of this service.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer as a result of registration, or refusal or cancellation of registration to this service.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or the fitness, for a particular purpose, of the information we acquire through this service.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer caused by the information they obtained from this service.
- Users of this service shall resolve dispute between users or users and third parties, which arises with regard to the information or contents of this service, by their own responsibility and expense and shall never cause damages to Atlas.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the harmful activities such as nuisances by an user of this service towards another user or a third party.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the troubles users or third parties may suffer on the disclosure of personal information of registered users pursuant to the second clause of Article 4 of TOS.
- Atlas may delete data submitted by a registered user, or suspend the use of the service by the user, or delete the registration of the user without advance notice when transmission of information by the user falls, or Atlas judges it may fall, under any of the items of Article 6. Atlas assumes no responsibility for the damages users may suffer caused by the measures we take based on this clause.
If a user of this service violates this TOS, the user shall compensate Atlas for the damages it caused.
10: Registration Cancellation
Atlas may, without prior notice or demand, delete the submitted data, or temporarily suspend the use by the registered user of the service, cancel the registered user's registration as such or terminate the service agreement, in the event of any of the following:
- The registered user failed to comply with any of provisions hereof;
- The registered user has not responded to inquiries from Atlas or other communications requiring its response for 30 days or more;
- In addition to the foregoing, if Atlas determined that it is inappropriate for the registered user to use the service, maintain its registration as a registered user, or have the service agreement remain in effect.
11: Collection of user information
The Services collect referrers, server access logs, and cookie information. Such information will be used in order to handle user authentication, traffic measurement, behavior measurement, and violations. It is possible for the user of the Services to use the settings of the browser that is used to refuse acceptance of cookie information, but there is a possibility that refusal will make it impossible to use a portion of the Services.
12: Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This service shall be based upon the laws of Japan, and in the event of any dispute between the parties hereto regarding or arising out of this service, the Tokyo District Court, or the Tokyo Summary Court shall have the sole jurisdiction of first instance to the exclusion of all other courts that may otherwise have had jurisdiction.
Any matter not stipulated in this TOS, or any doubt arising with respect to any provision of this TOS, shall be promptly resolved upon mutual consultation in good faith between Atlas and users.
Revised: April 1, 2013
Revised: April 8, 2013
Revised: August 28, 2013
Revised: October 25, 2013
Revised: February 3, 2014
Revised: July 14, 2014
Revised: November 24, 2015
Revised: December 20, 2020